Ha, yes it was over many days and months before it took final shape. We came up with a killer drum beat and bass line which goes through the song and then the chorus ended up being written several times over lyrically before we were content on what we were trying to say.. There’s a complexity of rhythm and melody in this song and it’s really special for the band.
Our full album will come out in the spring and we’re working on finishing up the mixes and setting up live shows to support the finished EP and forthcoming album. We really want to start playing as much as we can around LA and build up our name. We’ve been so fortunate with NPR and also just having played a sold out show at the Moroccan Lounge as our debut concert… That was amazing!
- Define in one word your EP “Ashrr”: Camaraderie.
- The best show you ever played: Our last and first one at Moroccan Lounge this past week.
- The one thing that you must have in your backstage: Water, throat spray, towels.
- The soundtrack of your childhood: I can’t speak for the band, but for me U2 and The Police, Van Halen, held a place that always helped me draw my inspiration from as an artist.
- Your favorite song lyrically speaking, but not written by you: “Imagine” by John Lennon.
- Last question is “unusual”, we want to know your best relationship advice: Always be honest and don’t go to bed mad at each other… Give it a minute to simmer down, but make sure you at least, acknowledge that you want to come to a resolution before the night ends.