In your opinion, what is the most important thing in songwriting?
Not to make throw away lyrics and write about real things.
Are you ever scared of revealing aspects of your personal life/experience to strangers through your music?
No, people should never be affraid to express themselves.
What is the best lyric that you ever wrote (the most meaningful for you)?
‘Memories, a time on my life I could have took the wrong turn, but fought back.’
What inspired “Calling Out My Name”, your latest song?
This song was wrote by the full band and seems to write itself. By the time it was finished we realised that information about mental health had influenced us and we very proud to speak about it.
And “Come Alive”?
HA HA! I was told once I would not go anywhere without the help of someone… I wrote the song about not letting people stop you and not be bitter and angry and stay focused.
Do you remember the day you wrote “Freak”?
I use to own a small shop and I was sat writing it and my daughter came into the shop and spoke about bullying… sometimes I feel like a freak and that’s not a bad thing.
Are you currently working on a new album?
We are already halfway through the new album titled ‘Different Kind Of Thunder‘ and as the title says… it’s going to be more rock based.
What is the best suggestion your producer gave you?
John Cornfield (Oasis, Musce, Stone Roses, etc.) – keep your feet on the ground, stay passionate.
What are your plans for 2019?
World domination… ha ha…
To conclude the interview a short Q/A session, please answer the first thing that comes to your mind:
- Define in one word your latest song “Calling Out My Name”: Hope.
- The best show you ever played: O2.
- The one thing that you must have in your backstage: Beer.
- The soundtrack of your childhood: Rocky IV – No Easy Way Out.
- Your favorite song lyrically speaking, but not written by you: ‘Step On My Old Size Nines’ – Stereophonics.
- Last question is “unusual”, we want to know your best relationship advice: Marry your guitar…;-)