How do you usually write the lyrics of your songs?
It’s like reaching into another universe, they kind of just come in a wave and we start pulling from where things are flowing.
In your opinion, what is the most important thing in songwriting?
Just being together and feeling the potency in the energy. It is extremely important to us that we feel 100% about what we’re writing.
Are you ever scared of revealing aspects of your personal life/experience to strangers through your music?
Absolutely not. We want people to feel connected to us through the music and know they are not alone. We want to leave it all out on the table, especially in our upcoming album “Can’t Kill Me.”
What is the best lyric that you ever wrote (the most meaningful for you)?
I’m just a one trick son of a bitch.
What inspired “Getaway,” part of your upcoming album “Can’t Kill Me”?
Getting away from the bullshit. Knowing when it’s time to just shut off that voice in your head that wants to hold you down for any reason.
“Intention” is a lens through the intention of our human existence…we came here and forgot why. We’d rather leave the meaning of a lot of what we write up to you though.
Do you remember the day you wrote “Keep it Gold”?
Oh yeah baby. We were waking up from what felt like a death nap. Made it clear we were here to rock n’ roll.
What is your best memory of the Vans Warped Tour?
Rockin’ out in the pouring rain and being able to be a part of it before it came to an end. Unforgettable to say the least.
How the tour contributed, in your opinion, to the evolution of a certain kind of music in US?
It definitely opened up a lot of people to new music!
What are your plans for 2018?
Get out of this here barn and rock out with all of y’all!
To conclude the interview a short Q/A session, please answer the first thing that comes to your mind:
• Define in one word your album “Can’t Kill Me”: Fate.
• The best show you ever played: Can’t say we could pick just one out. We love to just give it our all every time and feel the magic.
• The one thing that you must have in your backstage: Definitely a snickers or some sort of yo-yo, maybe a fidget spinner? Ethan gets a little cranky so, you know… gotta get the snickers dawg.
• The soundtrack of your childhood: Collectively I think we all could vibe out to any Led Zeppelin album and it’d be chill.
• Your favorite song lyrically speaking but not written by you: We’re all huge Phil Collins fans!
• Last question is “unusual”, we want to know your best relationship advice: Just be real. All relationships need understanding, trust and transparency. Don’t hold anyone to a standard you wouldn’t hold yourself to and most importantly do everything out of love…