Mike & Cam: I have to say it would be a song called “Beyond Me”, which isn’t available anywhere anymore. It might not be the absolute best that we’ve ever written, but it means the most to us and has the deepest meaning. It explained a lot about us throughout the song.
- Define in one word your EP “CXTY NIGHTS”: Mike: Fearsome / Cam: Rise.
- The best show you ever played: Mike: Austin, TX / Cam: Soundwave, Edmonton, AB, Canada.
- The one thing that you must have in your backstage: Mike: High Quality H20 / Cam: Positive Vibes!
- The soundtrack of your childhood: Mike: Tha Carter 3 / Cam: It changed a few times, when I was very young, it was anything Jay-Z, but in middle school/early high school was Lil Wayne & Drake.
- Your favorite song lyrically speaking, but not written by you: Mike: There’s too many to choose from so I’m going to pick 3. Uncle Kracker – “Follow Me”, Fleetwood Mac – “Landslide” and Sarah McLachlan – “In The Arms Of An Angel” / Cam: Nas had a song called “I Gave You Power” on his album “It Was Written” that’s crazy! He personifies himself as being used like a gun being passed around the ghetto. On the flip side, can’t leave out the classics from Michael Jackson or Prince! My favorite from MJ is “Man In The Mirror” and then of course “Purple Rain” from Prince.
- Last question is “unusual”, we want to know your best relationship advice: Mike: Communication is KEY. Don’t think that lying about a situation will save you in the long run because it won’t. Be honest, be loyal and be understanding. You can’t be arrogant and stubborn if you want to have a healthy relationship. You must be willing to compromise and learning the insides and out of your partner—especially if you‘re from two different cultures. / Cam: Everyone is different in this situation and I’m not going to Dr. Phil it, but make sure you’re careful about who you trust and if you find a good one who actually holds you down through thick and thin, never let them go because that is rare these days! Don’t go rushing into something thinking you’ve found the one either. It takes years of being together and then LIVING with each other to see who someone can really be.