How do you usually write the lyrics of your songs?
We always start with good slogans. If we like one, mostly Hannes composes a chorus. If we think, we’ve got a good song, he completes the rest of the song including Verses and so on.
Obviously, Still Around is about the little moments, when a place, a smell a song or whatever reminds you of your old love for a while. But in this case, it’s not a very desperate or depressing vibe but more a kind of „Oh yeah, back then we had some really good times“ – feeling, going along with an inner smile, kind of bittersweet if you want. You’ve already let go, but of course, memories will last forever, isn’t it? 😉
Hannes came up with this slogan. And it’s about people – and i guess everyone knows one of them – who lie to their selves. They pretend to be alright and fine and everything, but the truth is, that they’re only wearing a mask and you cannot feel their
It must have been some day in summer 2017. We absolutely had no pressure at the time so we wrote songs effortlessly every day, just because we had a good flow. In this case, we all liked the slogan “Superhuman”, so I got myself ready to write the verses.
A few festivals in summer and then of course the massive tour in fall together with our friends of Powerwolf. Get ready!
To conclude the interview a short Q/A session, please answer the first thing that comes to your mind:
- Define in one word your album “Ecstasy“: Ecstasy 😉
- The best show you ever played: Tokio 2013
- The one thing that you must have in your backstage: A sauna (you always gotta have dreams, right?)
- The soundtrack of your childhood: AC/DC, Iron Maiden
- Your favorite song lyrically speaking but not written by you: The Doors – The End
- Last question is “unusual”, we want to know your best relationship advice: Care about feeling totally balanced, clear, peaceful and complete within youself. Then you can be in a real relationship with the whole world, if you want.