How do you usually write the lyrics of your songs?
To be honest, the lyrics is the last part of the songwriting porcess at ours. Balázs always writes the lyrics according to the music and not afterwards. The lyrics are always inspired by true events and emotions.
In your opinion, what is the most important thing in songwriting?
Balázs: The most important thing is the atmosphere, which leads to the right flow to write the song. This is not necessary a sad atmosphere, it happened not once that the good vibes led me to a melancholic song.
Are you ever scared of revealing aspects of your personal life/experience to strangers through your music?
Balázs: Not anymore. Before ‘Euphoric Melancholia’ it happened, but not at this time.
What is the best lyric that you ever wrote (the most meaningful for you)?
‘Something’s Wrong With Me’: Writing these lines I first realized that I wrote something so personal and special what I never dared to share before. These lyrics mean really much to each of us.
What inspired “Funeral”, part of your latest EP – soon to be released – ‘Euphoric Melancholia’?
Balázs: This song is a metaphor about when you feel like you want to burry your „old personality.”
Balázs: Arizona 🙂
Do you remember the day you wrote “Pill”?
Balázs: As I remember, it was summer, 4 years ago. It was a good day.
What was the best moment of your career? And the most difficult one?
For all of us, the most difficult one was to write ‘Euphoric Melancholia’, so we hope the best moment will be when we’ll finally release it. 🙂
What are your plans for 2019?
Play lot of shows and write new songs.
To conclude the interview a short Q/A session, please answer the first thing that comes to your mind:
- Define in one word your album “Euphoric Melancholia”: Balance.
- The best show you ever played: Dresden, 2016.
- The soundtrack of your childhood – Marcell: Led Zeppelin – Stairway to Heaven, Árpi: Millencolin – Fox, Áron: Link-x – Az én szigetem, Balázs: Nirvana – Where Did You Sleep Last Night, Peter: Green Day – Jesus of Suburbia.
- Your favorite song lyrically speaking, but not written by you: The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die – Blank #8 / Precipice.
- Last question is “unusual”, we want to know your best relationship advice: Talking and communication. You have to talk to each other aaaaaand Love.