How do you usually write the lyrics of your songs?
Usually someone has a catchy musical part. Or a lyric. Mainly it comes from life experiences. It’s honestly different every time, but it’s the spirit of collaboration that helps us finish our tunes.
In your opinion, what is the most important thing in songwriting?
To be true.
Are you ever scared of revealing aspects of your personal life/experience to strangers through your music?
Yes, that’s always a challenge. You want people to be able to relate, but if you’re just too bummed out one day and write some dark shit you have to wonder ‘are people gonna think this is too weird?!”. That’s the risk we take and that’s why we started this.
What is the best lyric that you ever wrote (the most meaningful for you)?
This new tune “feel like you do” that’s why we’re so excited about it and trying to get everyone to listen and share it.
What inspired “Feel Like You Do”, your latest single?
I personally was in love, and there’s these times in a relationship that you want to be so close to the person that you have all these impossible crazy thoughts.
And “That Girl Is Mine”?
It was pure fun.
Do you remember the day you wrote “I Got That Feeling”?
Yes I started on piano, and Ethan, my cousin, came in knocked out the lyrics with me. It was a serious a rock tune. A freakin’ blast to drop that much noise on ’em.
What are your plans for the first months of 2019?
We gotta finish this album.
To conclude the interview a short Q/A session, please answer the first thing that comes to your mind:
- Define in one word your latest single “Feel Like You Do”: Poppy.
- The best show you ever played: Singapore.
- The one thing that you must have in your backstage: Red Bull and vodka.
- The soundtrack of your childhood: Reggae.
- Your favorite song lyrically speaking, but not written by you: “The Night they drove all Dixie down.”
- Last question is “unusual”, we want to know your best relationship advice: Open your heart and let it consume you. Even if it lasts 5 seconds or 5 days or five years. At least you felt it. Be in the moment and enjoy everything. Stop worrying.