How do you usually write the lyrics of your songs?
In your opinion, what is the most important thing in songwriting?
Are you ever scared of revealing aspects of your personal life/experience to strangers through your music?
What is the best lyric that you ever wrote (the most meaningful for you)?
What inspired “Thank God it didn’t work” – your upcoming album “Halfhearted”?
Do you remember the day you wrote “California Dream”?
What was the best moment of your career? And the most difficult one?
What are your plans for 2018?
To conclude the interview a short Q/A session, please answer the first thing that comes to your mind:
- Define in one word your album “Halfhearted”: Overcoming.
- The best show you ever played: Oh man, what a hard question to answer! I love traveling — that’s one of the biggest perks to my job, in my opinion — and meeting new fans and fans I’ve met via social media in-person. I also love different places for different things. However, off the top of my head, I’d have to say home state shows in Alabama are probably my favorite just because it’s where I’m from, where my roots are, and where my largest support base is ever since pre-American Idol days.
- The one thing that you must have in your backstage: Tea and honey!!!!
- The soundtrack of your childhood: Probably the “NOW That’s What I Call Music!” compilations 1 through about 20 hahaha!
- Your favorite song lyrically speaking, but not written by you: “Simple Man” by Lynyrd Skynyrd. “All that you need is in your soul.”
- Last question is “unusual”, we want to know your best relationship advice: Now, I wouldn’t say I’m the best person to take relationship advice from…but since you asked… Be happy with yourself first. Love yourself first. Because you can’t be happy or love another person until you have YOU figured out. So many people, I think, don’t take the time to get to know themselves and be happy with who they are at first, and then they go out and seek love and happiness in another person and in 9 times out of 10 it falls apart. It all starts with you. If you can’t be happy being alone, how can you be happy with somebody else?