How do you usually write the lyrics of your songs?
I write all my lyrics either from past experiences that I’ve encountered throughout my life or someone else’s experiences that impacted me, in one way or another.
In your opinion, what is the most important thing in songwriting?
I think that the most important thing in songwriting is being honest with what you write and if you feel something – go with it. Lyrics doesn’t always need to be serious, it just needs to make sense to you and you should make sure that you’re happy with what you’re writing.
Are you ever scared of revealing aspects of your personal life/experience to strangers through your music?
I used to be terrified about showing strangers my personal life through my music. After I realized that my lyrics inspired people and helped them overcome their problems, it pushed me to continue writing the music that I enjoy.
What is the best lyric that you ever wrote (the most meaningful for you)?
“The more I think about the past, the more it starts to haunt me. I hear these voices in my head saying they want me dead.” That was the first line I came up with when I wrote “Want Me Dead.”
What inspired “If You Only Knew”, your latest single?
I watched a lot of horror movies when I was little, so I knew that I wanted to make a song about a relationship gone sour, but put a twist on it as well. It’s about the person that you care for the most not helping you and reaching out to you when you needed them the most.
When will you release a new EP/album ?
We plan on finishing our EP in July and releasing it in October, eventually, so make sure to stay in touch with our activity, so you don’t miss any important updates about it!
What is the best suggestion your producer gave you?
Pushing through it, no matter how hard it may seem.
What are your plans for 2019?
Playing shows, finishing the EP and hopefully get to some touring!
To conclude the interview, here’s a short Q/A session, please answer the first thing that comes to your mind:
- Define in one word your single “If You Only Knew”: Anger.
- The best show that you ever played: Tallahassee, Florida, where I stage dove in the crowd. Man, that was wild!
- The one thing that you must have in your backstage: Comb, my hair likes to play tricks on me.
- The soundtrack of your childhood: “I Want It That Way” – Backstreet Boys.
- Your favorite song lyrically speaking but not written by you: “My Life In Two” – Ice Nine Kills.
- Last question is “unusual”, we want to know your best relationship advice: Be yourself and live how you want to live. Eventually. someone will catch on and like you for you. Like if you wanna be a homicidal maniac, go ahead. No I’m kidding, but just be yourself!