How do you usually write the lyrics of your songs?
I write visual concepts first and then finding ways to express my thoughts lyrically. It’s like a puzzle that could create any picture.
In your opinion, what is the most important thing in songwriting?
Message is the most import things for me and the way it’s being delivered to the listener.
Are you ever scared of revealing aspects of your personal life/experience to strangers through your music?
No I’m all about honesty in my music. I want to share my thoughts on life and I’m not afraid to be different. I believe the whole point of an artist to share a unique perspective.
What is the best lyric that you ever wrote (the most meaningful for you)?
I think “thank you heartbreak” is the most true and meaningful one. It’s my story, my path, my way of expressing what I feel about life. It’s coming out really soon. I’m excited about this song so much!
What inspired “Low Key”, your latest single?
I just wrote the song about my personal story where I was a side act and felt horrible about it. But in the end I found my stretch and respected myself enough to move on and find a true perfect love.
Is there a link/a common theme among the songs of the new upcoming album?
It’s about love, forgiveness, growth and self acceptance. Nowadays I love tell stories of my life through music, raw, bold and honest. I think it works 🙂
What is the best suggestion your producer gave you?
To avoid vibrato on the very last note. It sounds weird but it was a good one!
What are your plans for the few remaining months of 2019?
To play a show in LA (The Peppermint club on September 12th with my band) and release the music I’ve been working on all last year!
To conclude the interview a short Q/A session, please answer the first thing that comes to your mind:
- Define in one word your song “Low Key”: Sensual.
- The best show you ever played: Honestly 🙂 the national anthem at Nets basketball game in from of 25k people. I love big crowd!
- The one thing that you must have in your backstage: Water water water.
- The soundtrack of your childhood: “I Have Nothing” by Whitney Houston.
- Your favourite song lyrically speaking, but not written by you: “Vision of Love” by Mariah.
- Last question is “unusual”, we want to know your best relationship advice: Be you and “your” type of people will be around. Don’t lie to anyone and especially to yourself. Don’t be lazy, never expect anything in life, stay humble and keep shining! 🙂