How do you usually write the lyrics of your songs?
I find inspiration from the world around me. Usually I come up with an exciting title first & build a chorus around the title.
In your opinion, what is the most important thing in songwriting?
Being honest, being genuine to what you like & not trying hard to replicate any artists that came before.
Are you ever scared of revealing aspects of your personal life/experience to strangers through your music?
I’m an open book when it comes to my thoughts & experiences. I’ve had an interesting life on Earth thus far, so I might as well share my experiences.
What is the best lyric that you ever wrote (the most meaningful for you) published or not?
“I can’t wait to find a planet of my own.”
What inspired “Mushroom Cloud”?
‘Mushroom Cloud’ was initially inspired by the threats of nuclear war last year & how that would look from the perspective of a child. As the writing process continued, it began to take a dual meaning of rising above any negativity you may face in a day to day basis.
Are you writing new songs? When will be released an EP/album?
Music is in the process of creation, my vocals have been tracked. Stay tuned!
What are your plans for the remaining months of 2018?
To create & release more art & music with my beautiful friends.
To conclude the interview a short Q/A session, please answer the first thing that comes to your mind:
- Define in one word your new song “Mushroom Cloud”: Groovy.
- The best show you ever played: Bamboozle Road Show in Milwaukee, WI.
- The one thing that you must have in your backstage:Water & tea.
- The soundtrack of your childhood: Every song by Elvis.
- Your favorite song lyrically speaking, but not written by you: “Although we had no money, I was rich as I could be…” – Dolly Parton.
- Last question is “unusual”, we want to know your best relationship advice: What I’ve learned is to always be honest, willing to listen & always have good intent.