Pre-Order their new EP ‘Uh Oh! It’s…The Coolies‘ – HERE
How do you usually write the lyrics of your songs?
I wrote all the lyrics for the EP but there is no rule that I’m the only one that can write lyrics!
In your opinion, what is the most important thing in songwriting?
The melody for me is the best part about music!
Are you ever scared of revealing aspects of your personal life/experience to strangers through your music?
My life is happening just so I can have lyrics!
What is the best lyric that you ever wrote (the most meaningful for you)?
My song lyrics to “End It All,” which were about a little blue haired French girl who killed herself as a party took place at my friend’s house! Thanks for killing the party!
What inspired “Patethica,” part of your latest self-titled EP?
Feeling ugly on the inside and pretty on the outside like the typical idea for a model!
Me telling Trump to shut up!
Do you remember the day you wrote “Blueberry Crumble”?
I do, I settled a score for Palmyra with the lyrics of this one!
Is there a link/a common theme among the songs of the EP?
That we don’t take shit! None of us do.
What is the best suggestion your producer gave you?
We produced the EP ourselves!
What are your plans for 2019?
To conclude the interview a short Q/A session, please answer the first thing that comes to your mind:
- Define in one word your self-titled EP: Amazing!
- The best show you ever played: Muffs show at the Fillmore in 97.
- The one thing that you must have in your backstage: Bananas.
- The soundtrack of your childhood: Just Hanna Barbera.
- Your favorite song lyrically speaking, but not written by you: I’ll Get You by the Beatles. I love that one!
- Last question is “unusual”, we want to know your best relationship advice: Have a good sense of humour and we are good!