How do you usually write the lyrics of you songs?
In your opinion what is the most important thing in songwriting?
Are you ever scared of revealing aspects of your personal life / experience to strangers through your music?
What is the best lyric you ever wrote (the most meaningful for you)?
What inspired “Twisted Soul”?
An abandoned nightclub by the side of a road. The building was rather hideous but I tried to imagine what could have been the story behind it
Do you remember the day you wrote “Room 15”?
What are your plans for the last months of 2018?
We have been touring France and Belgium (Paris, Chambéry, Lyon, Angers, Strasbourg, Metz , Bruxelles…) following the release of the album, and we are currently working on a new video clip, for “Twisted Soul”. It’ll be a lot of fun.
To conclude the interview a short Q/A session, please answer the first thing that comes to your mind:
- Define in one word your album “Regular Faces”: Awesome!
- The best show you ever played – François: One of our best memories was in a bar called “Brin de Zinc” in Chambéry (French Alps). We were totally unknown in that region back then, but we played in front of 180 people… it was mental. The sound, the lights, the atmosphere, everything was perfect.
- The one thing that you must have in your backstage – FG: Beers ans clementines.
- The soundtrack of your childhood – François: Back in the USSR / FG: Definitely Maybe.
- Your favourite song lyrically speaking, but not written by you – FG: Live forever (Oasis) / François: Linoleum (NOFX).
- Last question is “unusual”, we want to know your best relationship advice – François: Beers /FG: Lasagna.