How do you usually write the lyrics of your songs?
It’s situational and specific. It’s always about events that are transpiring in my life. It’s usually in a night or two and it all just comes out. Kind of like therapy.
In your opinion, what is the most important thing in songwriting?
Are you getting out what you need to get out, whatever that may be.
Are you ever scared of revealing aspects of your personal life/experience to strangers through your music?
All the time. The songs are so specific, that person might be listening. But it’s worth it.
What is the best lyric that you ever wrote (the most meaningful for you)?
That’s a hard question maybe “Go ahead and write me down in your heart, but I’m the type of love you write in pencil mark. And then in times when your all alone, you go ahead and erase my trace, remember how you said it wasn’t worth the chase. Cause we were just casual, casual love” – It’s from “Casual Love“. I like that one.
What inspired “Breathe”, part of your latest EP “Room For Complication”?
Specific moment laying next to someone and knowing the feelings aren’t the same, but not sure how to talk about it.
Do you remember the day you wrote “Casual Love”?
Yeah, it’s on Instagram I think around March 2017.
Is there a link/a common theme among the songs of the EP?
Yeah, it’s mostly about complicated situations in relationships.
What is the best suggestion your producer gave you?
Kevin play a 4 string bass haha.
The best suggestion a producer ever gave is play without a click track.
What are your plans for 2019?
We are doing our first mini tour in July, going to see northern California for the first time as a band.
We are going to keep playing music as much as we can and record again in the fall.
To conclude the interview a short Q/A session, please answer the first thing that comes to your mind:
- Define in one word your EP “Room for Complication”: Vibey.
- The best show you ever played: Boathouse Collective in Costa Mesa. Tons of people, great sound, and lots of fun.
- The one thing that you must have in your backstage: Water.
- The soundtrack of your childhood: Dispatch.
- Your favourite song lyrically speaking, but not written by you: “In Your Atmosphere” by John Mayer.
- Last question is “unusual”, we want to know your best relationship advice: Delete your snapchat.