How do you usually write the lyrics of your songs?
Usually we start with a main theme and through a discussion between 2 or 3 members of the band, we choose words and ideas that fits well in the music of the song.
In your opinion, what is the most important thing in song writing?
I think that you need, first of all, a main theme that concern your life or what you can see around you. After this, the words will come easily and you only have to choose the ones that are musically right for the song.
Are you ever scared of revealing aspects of your personal life/experience to strangers through your music?
No never, our recent lyrics are speaking about emotions that we felt in our personal life so there is no shame, it’s only reality. We hope that someone can recognize themselves in our words.
What is the best lyric that you ever wrote (the most meaningful for you)?
I think that the lyric of the song “Snowed Under”. It’s just great because speaks about what love really means.
What inspired “Tonight”, your new single?
Tonight is a song about catching the right moment to capture your dreams and leave everything behind.
“Follow” is about having the right person next to you so you can live with no fear.
Do you remember the day you wrote “Snowed Under”?
The lyric of Snowed Under comes out one day in the Swiss mountain when it was snowing. When it snows everything become very calm and quiet and it seems like we can be safe from the chaotic world around us.
What was the best moment of your career? And the most difficult one?
The best moment was when we were touring around Europe with the band Our Last Night. The most difficult one was when we broke the van 2 hours before getting to the venue in Lyon…ahah, but we made it, arriving just 5 minutes before our show!
What are your plans for 2018?
To finish our next record before the end of the year.
To conclude the interview a short Q/A session, please answer the first thing that comes to your mind:
- Define in one word your sound: Energy.
- The best show you ever played: In Warsaw (Poland) Opening Act of Our Last Night and Blessthefall.
- The one thing that you must have in your backstage: Beers.
- The soundtrack of your childhood: “What’s My Age Again” – Blink 182.
- Your favorite song lyrically speaking, but not written by you: “Only One” – Yellowcard.
- Last question is “unusual”, we want to know your best relationship advice: Have a person in your life that makes you feel happy when she is!