How do you usually write the lyrics of your songs?
They come naturally either from my experiences, or the experiences of other people I’m surrounded by. I like it to be real.
In your opinion, what is the most important thing in songwriting?
For myself, I like interesting lyrics and melodies, with interesting chord progressions. I saw someone the other day perform the Britney Spears song “Toxic”, just listening to the backing track, the music (for a pop chart song) is actually really, really good! AND interesting. I guess above all you know a song is well written if it touches you in some way, because thats the reason we make music, right?
Are you ever scared of revealing aspects of your personal life/experience to strangers through your music?
No, not to strangers, in fact I’d rather tell strangers than family or friends! You’ll never understand it, until you have your family or friends in the front row at your show, listening to lyrics in your most personal songs, that’s probably about them!
What are the best lyrics that you ever wrote (the most meaningful for you)?
I would say, in my song “Ego“, the chorus is “If only our egos, would let us go. If only our egos, would set us free, maybe we’d learn to love just naturally, if only our egos, would let our hearts speak.” I think it speaks where our own words, or LACK of words fail. Its very self explanitory, but where it came from for me, is whether you have a disagreement with family, your partner, your friend, stubbornness is stupid and gets people nowhere, then before you know it its been 3 years since you’ve spoken again. I think if love is still there, then you should always show it in some way, and SOMEONE needs to swallow their pride and break the ice. You never know what tomorrow will bring, or if that person will even be alive tomorrow!
What inspired “Trouble (Pull That Trigger)”, your latest single?
Sexism, racism, basically anything with “ism” on the end! The songs simply about standing up for who you are, and not taking shit from anybody!
When you will release a new EP/Album?
I’ll be releasing a few singles this year, and then an EP towards winter time.
What is the best suggestion your producer gave you?
What are your plans for 2019?
Push the single, perform, record, release new single, perform, record, and keep writing.
To conclude the interview a short Q/A session, please answer the first thing that comes to your mind:
- Define in one word your song “Trouble”: KICKASS!
- The best show you ever played: The Camden Underworld, London.
- The one thing that you must have backstage: Hairspray!
- The soundtrack of your childhood: Greenday “American Idiot.”
- Your favorite song lyrically speaking, but not written by you: Very cliche, but the first song that just came to my head is “Imagine” by John Lennon. It’s just simple iconic song, with words of true wisdom.
- Last question is “unusual”, we want to know your best relationship advice: Act Consiously, let your partner know they are loved, even when you’re mad with them, keep laughing, keep the fights clean, and don’t say anything you’ll deeply regret, as you can never take words back!