How do you usually write the lyrics of your songs?
It all starts with an experience and a feeling. I try to catch a vibe and start to come up with melodies and it all kind of falls into place from there.
In your opinion, what is the most important thing in songwriting?
Being true and honest.
Are you ever scared of revealing aspects of your personal life/experience to strangers through your music?
Absolutely, it’s frightening. But it makes good music so you gotta do it!
What is the best lyric that you ever wrote (the most meaningful for you)?
“Just a little more before I get away, won’t hurt me if I take another day, you drag me down and no body knows.”
What inspired “WTF?”, your latest single?
I wrote WTF about a pretty complicated relationship I had with someone as you may be able to tell. The song was initially about 50 different things before we got to what it is now. There were so many different angles and ways I was feeling I didn’t even know how to begin it. The moral of the story was that I got super close with someone I barely even knew and knew I didn’t really even care for (too serious for how I actually felt) and one day he stopped talking to me. I got super in my head and it caused me to think that I did something wrong. After digesting the situation I realized it was really just my ego talking and this song serves as a reminder that some things aren’t supposed to work out, you have to trust the system, laugh at it, and move on. My turnover rate for getting over guys is so fast now it’s funny and I’m sure a lot of people are in the same boat as me when they jump to assume they were a certain way or did something wrong. This song is a reminder that you probably don’t really care, your ego is the loud one taking and to move on and be strong. Really supposed to allow my listeners to know that they are not alone in that daunting feeling.
And “Have To Forget”?
This song acts as an anthem for getting over people. It can be so hard. One day when I was in the thick of it I took out my phone and wrote down I have to forget about you but I don’t want to. The next thing I knew the song was written.
Do you remember the day you wrote “LA”?
My little brother wrote this song! I instantly related to it.
What are your plans for 2019?
Lots of shows!
To conclude the interview a short Q/A session, please answer the first thing that comes to your mind:
- Define in one word your latest song ‘WTF?’: “HEAD” because your mind hold the power. it can lead you to think a bunch of crazy shit. stay strong and don’t let your mind take you to crazy places.
- The best show you ever played: New York fashion week!
- The one thing that you must have in your backstage: A shot of Tequilla lol.
- The soundtrack of your childhood: Cry Me A River – Justin Timberlake.
- Your favorite song lyrically speaking, but not written by you: Just The Same by Charlotte Lawrence.
- Last question is “unusual”, we want to know your best relationship advice: Be you. if it doesn’t work out, laugh and move on, trust the system. don’t let anyone take over your feelings to the point where it impacts your life so negatively. at the end of the day its just a girl/guy and whats most important is the relationship with yourself.