How do you usually write the lyrics of your songs?
In your opinion, what is the most important thing in songwriting?
Are you ever scared of revealing aspects of your personal life/experience to strangers through your music?
What is the best lyric that you ever wrote (the most meaningful for you)?
What inspired “Torpedo”, part of your latest album “Yours”?
Do you remember the day you wrote “Tower”?
What are your plans for the upcoming months?
To conclude the interview a short Q/A session, please answer the first thing that comes to your mind:
- Define in one word your album “Yours”: MINE.
- The best show you ever played: Weirdly in Fribourg Switzerland, solo, probably in 2014. And Lille, France, this past September 2018, while playing the new album for the first time and our first show in France in four years.
- The one thing that you must have in your backstage: Water is incredible.
- The soundtrack of your childhood: Dirty Dancing / also Sister Act lol.
- Your favorite song lyrically speaking, but not written by you: ‘Off You’ from the breeders one of my faves OR AT LEAST this line / lyric: “but i’ve never seen a scarlet or a riot or the violence of you”. Ughhhhhh so beautiful. This is such a great question and i wish i had six months to answer it.
- Last question is “unusual”, we want to know your best relationship advice: Honestly don’t move in together for at least five years. The pressure for couples to live together is immense. Live alone for as long as you possibly can. Even if you get married you don’t have to live together!! CODE RED ALERT!